Fusion Modulation R.P.
Hello and welcome to F.M.H.Q. RP! Please feel free to look around the forum and hop on in to our expanding role-playing world!

-Moderation Team

Ace Calibur, the Blackbone

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ace Calibur, the Blackbone

Post  TechnoWizROK on Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:22 pm

Name: Solace "Ace" Calibur, the Blackbone

Ethnicity: Asian

Race (If your OC is an alien): Demon (Originally Human)

Allegiance: Neutral (Independant); serving his own goals.

Origins: Demon

Powers:

• Blackbone - Grants strength and endurance many times that of a man's, when used the portion(s) of the body the ability is applied to molts into black bones. Especially resistant to extreme heat and fire-based attacks. [Medium]

• Flames of Erebus - Erebus's essence is manifested as purple flames; hot enough to melt steel easily, able to be applied to Ace's sword. [High]

• Hell Zone - The ability to teleport by slipping through to the Underworld (only for a brief moment, as prolonged stay will prompt Erebus's essence inside of him to take over) and then slipping back through to another location, limited by range of vision and one-person only. [Medium]

• Wither Shot - Gathering his demonic magic at the tip of an arrow, once released the arrow explodes with frightening power. At his maximum (equivalent to a block of C4) a cooldown of 3 minutes before another Wither Shot can be fired. Rather than an outright explosion, the condensed demonic energy expands outwards in all directions decaying objects to ashes, as if they withered, with so much force it produces a shockwave (this effect varying from differing levels of power). Out of all Ace's powers; the most draining. [High]

Further In-depth Detail into Wither Shot:

TechnoWizROK wrote:
    Depends on their proximity to the epicentre of the blast and how powerful the Wither Shot is. At maximum power with dead-on precision, an opponent with weak constitution and endurance would be a fatal shot; withering away quickly. However the epicentre is only 3 ft in diameter (total blast range being 30 ft in diameter) most of the blast range being the shockwave portion of the explosion. I realise I'm getting very technical but I'm trying to explain this one attack whilst making it balanced as I can. The Wither Shot is meant to be Ace's ace-in-the-hole.

Carrying on.. the shockwave being scorching winds travelling outwards at roughly 50 miles per hour. Fire-resistant characters are immune to the shockwave of the explosion.     

Another nerf I added is the 15 second charge time for the maximum shot, being the highest amount of damage Ace can deal single-handedly it must be balanced out.

When describing the withering/decaying effect the best visual example I could come up with are the vampire deaths in Blade (I tried posting a link but alas).

For Fusions I'd imagine them to be burned up in flames.

Hopefully that clears up most of the questions about the Wither Shot.

• Night Vision - Vision is completely unhindered in the darkness.[Low]

• Sonic Leap - Kicking at extreme speeds, Ace is able to move around with high agility, even manoeuvring around in the air (not flying). [Medium]

Appearance: Pale skin with lean but muscular physique. Unnatural emerald green eyes that sometimes glow. Unruly black hair that nearly reaching his shoulder. Faint scars lining his fingers and hands. 6'1 foot and 190 pounds but with his usual lazy posture looks shorter than he is. His usual attire; black leather chestplate, underneath that a black fur-lined sleeveless hoodie, black leather shoulder guard extending down to the hand on his right arm, on both hands a pair of finger-less metal padded gloves, also of black leather, dark grey pants with a black belt, metal-plated black boots. Strapped to his back are a bow and a quiver, the longbow being black with a dark-red handle. And attach to his left hip is a leaf-bladed bastard sword in its hilt.

• Midnight Scorch - Leaf-bladed bastard sword, made of Underworld-forged steel. Red steel stylised with black flames around the tip, the flames being Erebus's blood scorched onto the steel forever.

• Hellion - Long bow that was made from the trees of the Underworld, fire-resistant. 250 pounds of force needed to pull back. Hellion's quiver holds 32 arrows at max, the arrows themselves being completely forged from steel.

Strengths: Highly skilled in swordsmanship and archery. Basic hand-to-hand combat skills. Survivalist; able to live off nature. A tactical mind in the midst of a battle. Resistant to demonic magic. Performs at his maximum potential in the shadows. Quick reaction rate. His will to strive towards to his goals is overwhelming.
Extremely loyal to those he deem as friends.  

Weaknesses: Socially inept; positive relationships takes time to form. Often may fall to bloodlust in battle, posing harm to both friends and enemies. Overuse of powers will drain him fast, takes long to recover said stamina. His mercilessness in battle makes others wary of him.

Personality: A lone wolf, Ace serves no cause but his own. While he may have a soft spot for children and go out of his way to protect those who can't fend for themselves, the Blackbone is a killer; ridding people and Fusions alike for the right amount of Taros. He is mostly solemn but as the calm before the storm, in battle devolves into a killing machine with no remorse. However for his friends he will fight to his dying breath for their sake, help the poor soul who dares to harm Ace's group of few people he holds previous. However with the essence of Erebus flowing through him his already extensive bloodthirstiness is worsened with the ever faint presence of the demon lord prompting ideas and suggestions within his mind

History: Solace "Ace" Calibur was born in Bellwood, but grew up in the crime-ridden downtown of Townsville. His family known as the infamous Sons of the Sun, a mafia that lurked under the shadow of Townsville ever since its founding. Growing up on the streets, Ace forgo to call himself 'Solace' as he was anything but that, to survive day to day from anything from gang fights to police raids Ace had grow up faster than any child should.

With many other competitors aiming to take the Sons' place as top dog,  the life of crime eventually got Ace killed alongside his family, shot down in a firefight by multiple different gangs banded together. As he passed into the afterlife the former gangster arrived at the Underworld, an otherworldly realm where the darkest of demons linger. The presence and overbearing aura of hellfire, demons and nightmares come real made Ace's conscious devolve; trading an unrelenting determination to come out on top, for a total loss of compassion and warmth. He attracted the attention of a low fledgling demon, unworthy of even a name, who offered to train him to the best of its ability and chance of gaining a second life in exchange for offing a notoriously powerful demon lord by the name of Erebus, jealous of his prestigious position as one of King Javerick's inner circle of demons. The lowly demon spoke of others before him have slain powerful demons and how the magical backlash in doing so propelled them back to their human world.

After mastering the way of the blade and arrow under the unnamed demon's tutelage and observing other demons fight amongst themselves, even testing himself against hordes of the unholy creatures. Ace went on to fulfil his portion of the deal. Fighting for a whole day the 16 year old managed to defeat the ageless Lord of Darkness with a well-aimed arrow, with his dying breath the demon lord gave his own killer the title of 'the Blackbone'. Absorbing Erebus's essence Ace had barely escaped the fate forever wandering the Underworld as a lost soul, being subject to any demon's tormenting nature.

The hellish realm shook with the powerful demon's death, the magical energies released propelling Ace back to Earth, whilst changing him into the very things he slew; a demon. With his newfound powers granted from his sudden status as a Demon combined with Erebus's essence inside of himself, Ace has returned to Earth when the year is 2049 and the war against Fuse is being waged with the newly-named Blackbone, as a mercenary for hire, is brought into the fold.

Do you use Nanos: No

Last edited by TechnoWizROK on Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:07 am; edited 20 times in total
TechnoWizROK

Back to top Go down

Re: Ace Calibur, the Blackbone

Post  zerowing21 on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:12 pm

If he absorbed the demon Essence and came back to the world like that would he not be a demon now himself?

End zone, how many times a day can he use it before he is tired out?

How is being extremely loyal to those he deems as friends a weakness? explain please.

If you haven't done so already, please read the required reading section. (you probably have but I'm just gonna remind ya)
zerowing21

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Utonium on Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:25 pm

I'll just preface this whole post by saying that the Dimension of the End, while a fun concept, does not exist within the RPverse. However, the Underworld does exist, and that is the place where demons and other supernatural entities hail from. Please note that your character is not allowed to visit the Underworld.

I'm not really a fan of the whole "Dying and Rebirth in another time period" trope, but it can work. We've actually had a character who died in the 1920's and had to go through a purgatory type realm and complete a task in order to gain power and be "reborn" in the era of the RP. If you would still like to keep the trope as apart of Ace's backstory, it would have to include a purgatory type realm instead of the Dimension of the End.

Piggybacking off that, if Ace defeats a demon within this realm and absorbs their power, then he too would also be a demon when he "wakes up" in the current year. Alternatively, zerowing21 suggested to me that your character could still have the death and rebirth trope without actually being a demon. In essence, we have to say that Ace made a "deal with the devil," (the devil means any demon with the power to perform this), to come back to the Earth alive with limited power, but he'd still be human. However, he'd probably have some sort of task to carry out for the demon he made the deal with, as everyone in the Underworld has a thing with getting others to carry out their biddings.

Could you elaborate on the Shadowspeak power? Seems a little useless to me.

https://www.fanfiction.net/~kotomiichinose

Back to top Go down

Post  TechnoWizROK on Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:59 pm

If he absorbed the demon essence and came back to the world like that would he not be a demon now himself?
Nay Ace being a Human Magic User with a mastery over (only) the demonic magic/essence inside of him, granting him his powers. Answering zerowing21's suggestion; I rather him to not to be constrained by making a deal with the devil to come back, Ace's character is better utilised as a free spirit.

End Zone, how many times a day can he use it before he is tired out?
End Zone's maximum distance able to travel is limited by his range of sight, 'Earth's surface curving out of sight at a distance of 3.1 miles, or 5 kilometres'; hence that is its limit. Ace can use it somewhat indefinitely however if he were to continuously teleport to his limits at a frequent rate he would tire out. It's all dependant on two factors; distance and rate of which he uses End Zone.  

How is being extremely loyal to those he deems as friends a weakness? explain please.
Misplaced this under 'Weakness', meant to be under 'Strengths'.

If you haven't done so already, please read the required reading section. (you probably have but I'm just gonna remind ya)
Have done so^

I'll just preface this whole post by saying that the Dimension of the End, while a fun concept, does not exist within the RPverse.
Unfortunate but I'll work my way around this and edit the 'History' and 'Powers'.

If you would still like to keep the trope as apart of Ace's backstory, it would have to include a purgatory type realm instead of the Dimension of the End.
I'll swap the the Dimension of the End out for the purgatory type realm simply dubbed 'the Purgatory'. Is that satisfactory?

Long distance, also nigh untraceable, communication in the presence of shadows. There's also an intimidation factor that can be used here; whispers in the dark can scare people.
TechnoWizROK

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Utonium on Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:16 pm

TechnoWizROK wrote:If you would still like to keep the trope as apart of Ace's backstory, it would have to include a purgatory type realm instead of the Dimension of the End.
I'll swap the the Dimension of the End out for the purgatory type realm simply dubbed 'the Purgatory'. Is that satisfactory?

Long distance, also nigh untraceable, communication in the presence of shadows. There's also an intimidation factor that can be used here; whispers in the dark can scare people.

The Purgatory or just purgatory works!

I mean elaborating as in telling me what exactly it does, but I do appreicate this explanaton. I would suggest toning it down so that it will only work when Ace can see the person as well, if not canning it altogether, (this is a thing Him loves to torture people with.)

Back to top Go down

Post  TechnoWizROK on Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:44 pm

Shadowspeak was just an idea to toy around with, I'll scrap it altogether if it it makes thing easier. It in its place I'll have Night Vision; pretty self-explanatory.

Are there any more points to discuss about?

Spoiler:
My wordplay with Ace's name is unappreciated ;-; Ace Calibur (Excalibur)
TechnoWizROK

Back to top Go down

Post  zerowing21 on Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:38 pm

My issue here for him defeating the demon of the end is that how does a 16 year old beat a timeless demon with little to no training? You don't give a time scale how long he observed, nor does observing someone fighting and picking it up count as mastering the skill. There is a major disconnect to me with this. Plus, a demon who is millennia old would be more experience then the sixteen year old, even if they trained for short time.

As kyra would says, it has to be believable
zerowing21

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Utonium on Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:01 pm

History should be edited to include the new Purgatory background. Likewise, "Flames of Purgatory" should be dropped or edited since you can't really conjure flames from a place where there isn't flames.

Demons would also probably not be present in this purgatory as they have their own domain of the Underworld. Erebus seems like a cool character, but probably can't be the "Lord of Purgatory" since an afterlife-limbo realm doesn't really have anything to lead.

Perhaps you can say Ace went to Underworld when he died and had to complete a task in order to get his life back.

Back to top Go down

Post  TechnoWizROK on Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:15 pm

The period of time Ace spent in the Underworld is uncertain, and I'm unlikely to disclose the fact to add towards the character's mysteriousness. But we do know that the war against Fuse didn't start before Ace was killed. My mistake of forgetting to disclose that Ace whilst observing demons fighting amongst each other has trained both his swordsmanship and archery on them, forging a reputation of slaying demons on the dozens. However compared to Erebus, the lesser demons killed by Ace were nothing more than stooges. And only with the Lord of Darkness's underestimation of Ace and his own extremely lucky shot did he manage to slay him. If it weren't for the freshly absorbed demonic essence/magic, Ace would've slipped further into the afterlife with a mortal wound left by the demon lord.

Could Erebus be one of the three High Demons (Aku, Him, King Javerick)'s direct underlings? Preferably Javerick, more creative room with him I'd wager.

Flame of Purgatory and 'History' has been edited
TechnoWizROK

Back to top Go down

Post  Blueyedemoness on Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:55 pm

I don't mind if he's Jav's underling honestly. Technically all demons are supposed to be under him anyway -with a few exceptions- so it would mae sense if he was under Jav's jurisdiction

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Utonium on Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:56 pm

Erebus being Javerick's underling would be fine, as he would be dead in universe anyways, and Him and Aku both have underlings as well, Them and Demongo respectively. And as Blue said, all of the demons are considered underlings of Jav anyways, with very few exceptions.

Leaving parts of the history and character as a mystery is fine, but I do think the history should be fleshed out a bit more. It's possible to give great explanations while leaving things in the dark. I'm about to rattle off a couple questions that can be answered within the history.

What was Ace's like before he died? Where did he grow up? Why was he killed by a rival gang? How does defeating Erebus give Ace his life back, and how did he figure this out? Why does he go by Ace in the first place?

Back to top Go down

Post  TechnoWizROK on Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:32 am

*Edited History*

Solace "Ace" Calibur was born in Bellwood, but grew up in the crime-ridden city of Brokenville. His family being the infamous Sons of the Sun, an Asian mafia gang, who had many other competitors aiming to take their place as top dog. Growing up on the streets, Ace forgo to call himself 'Solace' as he was anything but that, to survive day to day from anything from gang fights to police raids Ace had grow up faster than any child should. Eventually the life of crime got him killed alongside his family, shot down by a rival gang, Ace drifted through the afterlife until he stumbled upon the Underworld, an otherworldly realm where the darkest of demons linger. The presence and overbearing aura of hellfire, demons and nightmares come real made Ace's conscious devolve further; trading an unrelenting determination to come out on top for a total loss of compassion and warmth. For the teen escape from the Underworld was not his goal rather to fight til the end, slaughtering demons. After mastering the way of the blade and arrow by observing the demons fight amongst themselves and testing himself against hordes of the unholy creatures, Ace went on to face a notoriously powerful demon lord by the name of Erebus. Fighting for a whole day the 16 year old managed to defeat the ageless Lord of Darkness with a well-aimed arrow. Absorbing Erebus's essence, with his new-found powers Ace returns to Earth when the year is 2049 and the war against Fuse is being waged with the Blackbone, as a mercenary for hire, is brought into the fold.

TechnoWizROK

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Utonium on Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:45 am

I'm not sure if Brokenville is a place that's actually been in a CN show, but we typically keep things to Bellwood and Townsville around here.

Mindlessly slaughtering demons in the Underworld is easier said than done. The Underworld is where demons live, so they run everything down there. As such, they are more powerful than a soul sent to spend the rest of eternity in the Underworld. You should probably elaborate on his training in the Underworld, along with struggles he's faced while battling demons.

There should also be explanation on why Erebus is so important. Why does defeating him grant Ace a second life? How does Ace learn of this? What would have happened to Ace if he lost against Erebus? It should also be noted that referring to Erebus as the Lord of Darkness is a little extra.

I caught a few grammar mistakes in the edited history. Something you might want to gloss over before sending it out again.

Please remember to add this to your original post by editing it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  TechnoWizROK on Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:04 am

Edited!
TechnoWizROK

Back to top Go down

Post  zerowing21 on Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:37 pm

Origins would now be demon not magic user.

Wither shot's effect, how does it affect people if it hits them as opposed to non living matter or other living things? Also 15 seconds sounds a rather low for a cooldown for a high level skill such as this.

Also, anyone who dies goes to the underworld, good and bad alike.

Could you also space out the history, one large block of text really makes it hard to read.
zerowing21

Back to top Go down

Post  TechnoWizROK on Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:20 pm

zerowing21 wrote:Wither Shot's effect, how does it affect people if it hits them as opposed to non living matter or other living things? Also 15 seconds sounds a rather low for a cooldown for a high level skill such as this.

Depends on their proximity to the epicentre of the blast and how powerful the Wither Shot is. At maximum power with dead-on precision, an opponent with weak constitution and endurance would be a fatal shot; withering away quickly. However the epicentre is only 3 ft in diameter (total blast range being 30 ft in diameter) most of the blast range being the shockwave portion of the explosion. I realise I'm getting very technical but I'm trying to explain this one attack whilst making it balanced as I can. The Wither Shot is meant to be Ace's ace-in-the-hole.

Carrying on.. the shockwave being scorching winds travelling outwards at roughly 50 miles per hour. Fire-resistant characters are immune to the shockwave of the explosion.     

Another nerf I added is the 15 second charge time for the maximum shot, being the highest amount of damage Ace can deal single-handedly it must be balanced out.

When describing the withering/decaying effect the best visual example I could come up with are the vampire deaths in Blade (I tried posting a link but alas).

For Fusions I'd imagine them to be burned up in flames.

Hopefully that clears up most of the questions about the Wither Shot.
TechnoWizROK

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor Utonium on Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:24 pm

This is more like it.

I'll give a tentative approval.

Back to top Go down

Post  zerowing21 on Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:38 pm

*stamps tentative approval on forehead*
zerowing21