Fusion Modulation R.P.
Hello and welcome to F.M.H.Q. RP! Please feel free to look around the forum and hop on in to our expanding role-playing world!

-Moderation Team

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey

Post  GoldenBladeX100 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:25 pm

So while I am patiently waiting for approvals, I thought I should figure some things out about the rp, also lurking, I've been doing a lot of that. Anyways, so the only question I was actually able to think about was "how does time work"?
Like, what are time jumps and just what is the scale for time? Or should I just ask whoever's narrating at the time?
Just curious.
GoldenBladeX100

Back to top Go down

Re: Wibbly wobbly timey wimey

Post  Mr.Didathing on Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:58 pm

All a time jump is is a collective skip across all RP threads from one time period to the next. That can be a few days or even a few months later.

Between time jumps it's generally assumed that everything in the RP is happening at roughly the same time unless it's specified as a flashback. I say "roughly" because it can tend to fluctuate based on convenience; for instance, two posts can be made in two different places within a minute of each other, and in-universe there could actually be a few hours between them. This is mostly so that things like characters traveling a long distance or waiting for something to happen can be taken into account without us actually having to wait in real time.

As mentioned earlier though, it's the common assumption that until a time skip is specified as having occurred in the Time Skip thread by a mod, any and all RP posts take place within about the same day (or couple of days if a lot has happened) as each other.
Mr.Didathing

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldenBladeX100 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:05 pm

Wait, ignore the first version of the post, I re-read the last part. Thanks for the help, it cleared up a lot.
GoldenBladeX100

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum