Fusion Modulation R.P.
Hello and welcome to F.M.H.Q. RP! Please feel free to look around the forum and hop on in to our expanding role-playing world!

-Moderation Team

Smash Brothers Chatter

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Smash Brothers Chatter

Post  zerowing21 on Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:47 pm

Talk about the game here. I know this will make Smash happy to have.
zerowing21

Back to top Go down

Re: Smash Brothers Chatter

Post  Wonder Smash on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:40 pm

Thanks Zero! Very Happy To start the topic off, I'll post a list of confirmed information for the new Super Smash Bros coming to Wii U and 3DS.

Confirmed Information

Confirmed Characters

Note: Sakurai has stated that the character roster will be identical in both the Wii U and 3DS versions of the game.

Veterans

Mario - It's-a-him, Nintendo's mascot, and considered by many to be the mascot of gaming itself. Really, what chance was there of him not being included on the roster? He'll still most likely be the most balanced character in the game. He doesn't seem to have changed much from Brawl, though it's probable that F.L.U.D.D. will be replaced with his Star Spin move from Galaxy.

Donkey Kong - Mario's former villain and co-star, now the hero of his own platforming franchise. He's still the fast-moving powerhouse that we've come to expect. Aside from much more detailed fur, he looks to be essentially the same as he was in Brawl.

Link - The hero of time, the ocean, the sky, and various other things. The Link in this installment is unique in that he doesn't look like any one of the incarnations we've seen before. Instead, he appears to be a mixture of his Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword appearances. Some speculate that this Link will be featured in the new Wii U Zelda, though this has yet to be confirmed. His balanced combination of melee and ranged attacks in his moveset is consistent with his past appearances in Smash Bros.

Samus Aran - One of gaming's first female heroes, and the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy. Her appearance is based off Other M, the latest game in her franchise. The weaponry she's famous for from past games returns, making her powerful at range. It's unknown at this point if Zero Suit Samus will return with her.

Kirby - Everyone's favorite pink puffball from Sakurai's first franchise. His copy abilities make him a unique character. Being the simple marshmallow-like creature that he is, he's changed very little visually from Brawl, especially compared to other veterans.

Fox McCloud - Star Fox's leader and a very skilled pilot. His appearance is similar to his look from Brawl, which in turn was based off his appearance from Command. His abilities look the same as they did in past games, making him a fast and agile character.

Pikachu - Mascot of Pokemon, one of the most popular game franchises of all time. The electric mouse uses his speed and electric abilities to his advantage. He appears mostly the same as his counterpart from Brawl. His adorableness is increased in HD.

Luigi - Mario's brother in green who is in the middle of celebrating a year (mostly) dedicated to him. His moveset is similar to Mario's, but, much like in past installments, he has some... eccentric traits. Just look at his main picture on the official site.

Bowser - Mario's longtime villain, and the Koopa King. He's one of the most changed veterans so far, with an altered moveset and several differences in his animations. He's also the most physically resistant of the characters announced so far.

Princess Peach – The princess who always seems to be in another castle. While traditionally she's been the damsel in distress in the Mario series, she's recently appeared as a playable character in 3D World and a few spin-offs. Her moveset is still heavily inspired by Super Mario Bros 2.

*Update* Marth – Fire Emblem's flagship character who brought his franchise to America due to his and Roy's appearance in Melee. He's been redesigned to look more like his latest appearance in Awakening. He focuses on fast close-combat with his sword.

Pit - The main character of cult classic Kid Icarus, which was recently revived on the 3DS by Sakurai. Pit's moveset has been altered to reflect his abilities from Uprising. Because of the differences in his abilities, he may be the most changed veteran yet.

Captain Olimar - Commander of the alien creatures known as Pikmin. His addition to the roster was a surprise for many, who were expecting Alph, the main character from Pikmin 3, to replace him, but he's a welcome return nonetheless. It's unknown if Rock and/or Winged Pikmin will be included in his moveset.

Toon Link – Another incarnation of Link, this one from Wind Waker. Unlike his counterpart, he's a child, and much lighter and faster than his adult form. While he was essentially a clone of the main Link in Brawl, there have been hints that he may change to be different in some ways this time around.

Sonic the Hedgehog – The mascot of Nintendo's former greatest rival, and, ironically, the most desired third-party character ever in Super Smash Bros. His announcement in Brawl was met with great excitement, as was his announcement for this installment. The Blue Blur will likely be the fasted-moving character in the game.

Newcomers

Villager - The player's avatar from the popular sandbox game, Animal Crossing. His appearance is based off one of the possible default appearances for the main character. His abilities shown include digging holes under his enemies, cutting down trees, and even using Balloon Fighter's balloons to float in midair. A popular joke among fans is that the Villager is a murderous psychopath, given certain shots in the trailer that seem 'creepy'.

Wii Fit Trainer - Your personal trainer from the casual fitness game. She's the most unexpected, and somewhat controversial, character announced yet. She fights by utilizing various types of exercises from her game. While the character has critics of her inclusion, sometimes it's good to have characters on the roster that weren't thought of by fans.

Mega Man - The most highly requested third-party character behind only Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo has made many fans' dreams a reality by including the Blue Bomber on the roster. His moveset is one of the most unique seen thus far in Smash Bros. He uses several abilities from his classic series that he gained from bosses, including the Super Arm, Metal Blades, Crash Bomber, Leaf Shield, and Hard Knuckles, among others.

Confirmed Stages

Note: Unlike characters, the stage roster in both versions will be different. Even stages that are in both versions will have some differences between them.

Battlefield (Wii U/3DS) - The iconic Smash Bros stage once again returns with a new look. The Wii U version looks like floating ruins, while the 3DS version has rock formations in the background similar to the 'mountains' in Acorn Plains from New Super Mario Bros U. Both will have a day and night cycle, much like Brawl's iteration of Battlefield.

Smash Arena (Name Unconfirmed) (Wii U) - A new Smash Bros-themed stage. Visually, it can be said to be a cross between Pokemon Stadium, a boxing arena, and a rock concert. It gives the impression that in the Nintendo universe, a new Super Smash Bros is a major event, much like it is in the real world. An official name for this stage has yet to be confirmed.

Super Mario Galaxy (Name Unconfirmed) (Wii U) – An as of now unknown stage from Super Mario Galaxy. So far, it's only been shown in one picture, and even then only the background was shown, with Kirby visible in the foreground. However, Kirby's look in said picture seems to suggest it's Galaxy-related.

Skyloft (Wii U) - Link's home from Skyward Sword. Functionally, it's very similar to Delfino Plaza from Brawl, giving the players a tour of the floating island while they fight on platforms that take them to several different locations.

Pyrosphere (Wii U) – An area from Other M. Fiery liquid can be seen in the background, though it's unknown at this point whether it will rise like the acid from Brinstar or lava from Norfair. There's some damage visible in the background caused by Ridley in the events of the original game.

Garden of Hope (Wii U) - An area from Pikmin 3 similar to Forest of Hope and Awakening Wood from past installments of Pikmin. It seems to be more directly related to Pikmin than the Distant Planet stage from Brawl, which had little to do with any area from the actual series.

Smashville (Wii U) - The village from Animal Crossing. The stage differs from Brawl in that instead of staying in a fixed position, the main platform appears to move around, exploring the village and, apparently, the city from City Folk as well.

Wii Fit Gym (Name Unconfirmed) (Wii U) - An exercising area from Wii Fit. There's a mirror in the background that shows the reflections of the characters. the Wii Balance Board also appears in the background, apparently 'alive'.

Pilotwings (Wii U) - A stage based off the classic flight simulator. It appears that characters will fight on planes, which will fly across the ocean from the classic take-off area to Wuhu Island from Wii Sports Resort.

Windy Hill Zone (Wii U) – Presumably, the first zone in Sonic Lost World. It has many similarities to Green Hill Zone from the original Sonic the Hedgehog, though the ground seems to be made up of blocks, not to mention the fact that it's in midair.

Dr. Wily's Castle (Wii U) - The hideout of Mega Man's infamous villain. As you might guess from the name, Dr. Wily's castle is in the background. The characters fight on a floating platform, but, interestingly, in Mega Man's trailer, the characters fight in the canyon below.

The list is incomplete at the moment, so I'll try to update it when I can. If you want to see the official site for yourself, here's a link. http://www.smashbros.com/us/

In any case, you probably came to this thread to talk about Super Smash Bros, so don't let me stop you. Razz Let the discussing commence.

Last edited by Smashfan001 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wonder Smash

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiser on Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:19 pm

Roy's our boy. That's all for now (which means, all I need is Roy in the game now but that probably isn't happening -_-)

- START:DASH!! by μ's, Love Live! School Idol Project

Spoiler:

Team Sonia for Life!
Kaiser

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Didathing on Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:22 pm

Lets hope they keep all the originals, like Yoshi and Ness.
Mr.Didathing

Back to top Go down

Post  techee on Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:05 pm

I am certain that the final roster will be close to double when they get done with it.
techee

Back to top Go down

Post  techee on Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:52 am

They just announced that Marth is going to be in the game. For those who like Fire Emblem, this is good news for you guys.
techee

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyra_Xyrespace on Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:53 pm

techee wrote:They just announced that Marth is going to be in the game.
Yeah! My second sword guy made it in!

Kyra_Xyrespace

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1062727/AnimeGirl-144

Back to top Go down

Post  Wonder Smash on Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:07 pm

This is sort of random, but I thought it might get the topic going again. If you could choose any three characters to be in the next Super Smash Bros, who would they be? A few rules...

1. Any Nintendo character is fair game. Whether from a popular franchise, an old obscure Japan-only game, or a recent game from the eShop. As long as Nintendo created the franchise, or at least was the first to publish it. (i.e. Wonderful 101)

2. Third-party characters have a stricter guideline. First of all, the franchise the character is from needs to have appeared at least once on a Nintendo console. (This means no Nathan Drake or Master Chief) Second, the character in question must be the main character, or, if there are multiple main characters (i.e. Final Fantasy), one of the main characters, in his or her franchise. (This means no Shadow the Hedgehog or Zero from Mega Man) Finally, while this last rule with third-party character isn't necessarily "required", it's preferable. The franchise should be heavily associated with Nintendo. For example, Mega Man was once a very iconic character on the NES, while Sonic is a former rival to Mario, but has gone on to have several appearances on Nintendo consoles. As mentioned above, it's preferable that the character be associated with Nintendo, but as Smash Bros has made an exception with Solid Snake, whose franchise hasn't had a mainstream appearance on a Nintendo console in years, I'll allow characters more often associated with competing consoles, as long as their franchises have still appeared at least once on a Nintendo console.

3. Absolutely no characters that aren't original to video games. Even if they have had licensed games published by Nintendo, (i.e. James Bond, Chase McCain from Lego City, etc) or are heavily associated with gaming, (i.e. Wreck-It Ralph, Tron, Scott Pilgrim, etc) the answer is still no. This also means no Anime characters, even if they're from Nintendo Anime. (i.e. Ash Ketchum, or characters original to the Kirby Anime)

Those are the basic rules, but feel free to ask more questions if necessary.

Here are my Top 3...

1. Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)

2. Ray 01 (Custom Robo)

3. Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
Wonder Smash

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiser on Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:34 pm

1. Roy (Fire Emblem: Binding Blade. I want him back. Roy's our boy!)

2. Since Namco is helping develop the game, I'll pick Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia since he's one of the more popular Tales characters and he was from one of the Nintendo titles and I'm the only person who doesn't want Pac-Man.

3. Palutena or Magnus from Kid Icarus (or both, but I only see one of them being a character this game)

- START:DASH!! by μ's, Love Live! School Idol Project

Spoiler:

Team Sonia for Life!
Kaiser

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyra_Xyrespace on Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:43 pm

1) Roy (he's the last of my Swords Trio)

2) Mewtwo (Give. Him. Back.)

3) Lucario (Because he's awesome, that's why)

Kyra_Xyrespace

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1062727/AnimeGirl-144

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum