Fusion Modulation R.P.
Hello and welcome to F.M.H.Q. RP! Please feel free to look around the forum and hop on in to our expanding role-playing world!

-Moderation Team

Death Battles

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Death Battles

Post  Kaiser on Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:02 pm

There has been a number of new members joining the rp bringing in their unique OCs to the party. Of course, with this increasingly large amount of people it's becoming harder to know about every single one of them, so I'm creating this partly because it can be used as a way to study up on other people's characters and also because this could be fun. With your permission, I'd like to use all your OCs in order to do this. This would be a great opportunity to showcase your character to other users and make them want to interact with your wonderful character. There are some rules that have to be followed but just remember your enjoyment is the most important part. Hope this thread doesn't die ^_^

Welcome to Death Battle! Based on the extremely popular and highly controversial internet series, the various OCs will enter combat and fight till one of them is no longer breathing. In the actual series, Wiz and Boomstick gather their own evidence and make a decision based on that, most often to the chagrin of the viewers. This version however, is different in the fact that YOU, are the one presenting the evidence and YOU create the victor through a voting of a poll once the investigation period is over. We will take account of every single detail, from secret fears, to weaponry, to their reaction to murder in the first place. Occasionally, once the result has been decided, a fight scene chronicling the fight will be written. Before we announce the first combatants, let's go over the rules.

RULES:

• You must leave actual evidence and explain it to cast your vote. There has to be plausible reasons why the OC in question would win

• Only accepted OCs are eligible for this. If your's is a WIP or still in need of approvals, they cannot take part until they are accepted. (OCs need three approvals before they are allowed to enter the rp world)

• These events are non canon. So don't try to make anything I write in a fight scene part of your OC's plot in the actual rp. You can ask for my permission to reenact these events in the rp though (minus the dying part).

• Demon OCs are allowed to only fight other Demon OCs since they'd beat pretty much any non demon OC.

• The owners of the OCs currently in the current battle are not allowed to vote or leave evidence why they their own character would win. They can however, explain anything another user might be confused about their own characters.

• The evidence gathering period will last until I decide to end it. No one else can officially end it. You can however request me to end it early if you feel no more evidence is needed.

• For OCs that use nanos, I will request you to send me a PM of the three nanos you want to be part of their coco. You aren't allowed to just assign your OC any three without first informing me (the list of nanos are located in required readings if you need a reference)

• On the note of nanos, heal and drain nano powers are not allowed. Healing because we're not stalling and draining because it follows rp logic, meaning it's OP.

• This is a friendly debate. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT turn them into arguments.

Now, it's time for our first combatants to step forward!

Zane Hoshi:

Weapon: One-handed sword
Fighting Style: Control the opponent's movement and the flow of the battle
Nanos: Megas Eight-Ball Fireball, Rex Big Freakin' Sword, Lazlo Imagination

vs

Marcus Thomas:

Weapon: Two swords, dual wields
Fighting Style: Offensive at almost all times, don't let opponent catch their breath
Nanos: Father Rocky Road, Mandy Seismic Slap, Swampfire Heat Stroke

-Mazhigigka Miludin do Din Nolurun Dou/ Magilou, Tales of Berseria

Spoiler:

Team Sonia for Life!
Kaiser

Back to top Go down

Re: Death Battles

Post  zerowing21 on Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:09 pm

Now to me, Zane would win this. He's had more experience in combat, he's dealt with a demon toilet since he was young, but that more left him with a fear that someone could use against him. He's had training from his godfather the Scotsman and from Sam Jack as well. Zane knows exactly when to use a nano and he's second in command of IZOC forces so he should have experience with controlling the field. He's also had issues with Demongo and his brother which have left him enranged.

Marcus on the other hand, only has limited training and isn't even adept at combat. He's more into anime and sitting on his behind. His weakness would be Amy, thought any threat to her would probably get him angry. He probably has just about as much experience with nanos.
zerowing21

Back to top Go down

Post  Wonder Smash on Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:35 pm

I'm going to go with Zane on this one, mostly for the same reasons as Zero, but I do have a couple other reasons to add. Zane has one sword, while Marcus has two. I'd imagine that two swords are harder to use than one, and considering that Zane has more skill and experience, the fight would be even more difficult for Marcus. Plus, Zane's fighting style is about control, while Marcus' is about offense, so the former would likely be able to figure out how to counter the latter's strategy.
Wonder Smash

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryuga on Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:32 am

Right off the bat I'll have to go with Zane though I could see him being pushed quite a bit. As described, Zane may be control the flow but for how long? Marcus most likely wouldn't let up. Plus, depending on Marcus's experience with dual wielding will ultimately determine how quick or tactiful he may be with dual weilding against a single sword wielder like Zane who is very experienced
Ryuga

Back to top Go down

Post  Greedy baron on Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:41 am

Based on provided info...
I'd (still) go with Zane:
Based on Marcus' personality to act before thought when his anger is provoked, and Zane's childish behavior, I could see Marcus' going after Zane if a sly comment is made that really gets his goat (even if it wasn't meant that way). Because of his strength and endurance from basketball training, Marcus would probably be dominating at first, coming at Zane quickly and in a hack n' slash manner.
Zane (who would fight back, since Marcus instigated the fight with action), however, would probably deliberately be giving ground at first, based on his manipulative personality (based on the fact that he deliberately tries give people a set of low expectations just to surpass them, or surprise them if needed). He would study Marcus' form of fighting, and any flaws in his fighting style, then begin to exploit them and initiate his strategist skills, only fighting when necessary and keeping some distance while Marcus would continue to try and stain to get Zane within his reach. Even if Marcus has high endurance, it's much easier to dodge than to fight, and eventually, he would begin to run down, allowing for Zane to then take a stand, and take the offensive, now having an understanding of Marcus' fighting expertise and having the upper hand since he would be the less exhausted of the two.

Last edited by Greedy baron on Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Greedy baron

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiser on Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:23 am

Greedy baron wrote:Based on provided info...
I'd go with Zane: Being able to manipulate the fight, is already half the battle.
Even if Marcus remains in constant offensive state against Zane, it seems as if he fights like a beserker, which works well primarily against large amounts of enemies, or against a inept oppenent of close combat, which Zane is neither.

The provided info was given just so you know how they fight normally. It's not suppose to be the only thing you use. You're suppose to go out and look these characters up and learn about them.

Which brings me to my next point. I noticed none of you addressed their personalities so far. That may or may not be the deciding factor in a fight to the death because they might not take anything seriously, or they could not want to kill someone no matter what.

Spoiler:

Team Sonia for Life!
Kaiser

Back to top Go down

Post  Greedy baron on Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:32 am

.............I can't find Marcus' profile... >_>
Greedy baron

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiser on Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:38 am

They're both in the RPOC profiles under required readings.

Spoiler:

Team Sonia for Life!
Kaiser

Back to top Go down

Post  Greedy baron on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:05 am

btw...i edited my answer
Greedy baron

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiser on Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:35 pm

Evidence gathering period has ended. Tune in next weekend (or this one if you count Sunday as part of the new week) to see the results!

Spoiler:

Team Sonia for Life!
Kaiser

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum